The Deltaville Community Association
The Deltaville Community Association, DCA, was incorporated on September 8, 1950 as the Deltaville Improvement Association, Inc. The name was changed to the Deltaville Civic Association, Inc. on July 11, 1991 and to the current name on May 21, 1996.
Throughout this time the purpose of the organization has remained the same. It is a tax-free charitable organization serving the Deltaville community in ways that will better the quality of life for residents and visitors.
Some of the regular things that the association does for the community include: the Deltaville Seafood Festival, providing the Deltaville ball park, maintaining a community recreational facility with free tennis courts, providing a community swimming pool (accessible upon purchase of a seasonal membership only), annually producing a Community Calendar, maintaining a community building for the use of the public, holding the Jackson Creek Christmas boat tour and having many meetings on subjects of interest to our citizens.
The DCA puts on an annual fund drive to support its activities. Contributions to the DCA are tax deductible. Within the DCA there is also an Endowment Fund to which contributions may be made in cash, appreciated securities or through wills. Contributions to this Endowment Fund are permanent and the income generated from these funds is available to support the various programs to improve the community.